dimanche 12 janvier 2020

Camping, rafting, fishing trip planning help please!

Hello all,

Every summer my soon to be 12 year old son and I go on some kind of summer camping/adventure experience. After spending the last few summers in the White Mountain area (Lost River Campground last year, which we liked very much), I think I would like to venture into the Adirondacks, but, after hours and hours of research, I am completely confused by all the options and outfitters.

So, I turn to you for help, and hope you can provide some guidance. Our trip this year will likely be in mid-late August, and our ideal trip will include:

- campground, public or private, that offers fairly private tent sites, preferably along some kind of river or waterway, that has bathrooms/showers and preferably laundry, as I expect to be traveling for awhile. Bonus points for running water at the sites, camp store, game room, etc. Want to feel like we are in nature, and not hear highway noise or Betty and Josh knocking boots in a neighboring site.

- A location that, while still relatively remote, still has things like gas stations and sources of food within a few miles -- I'm not really planning on cooking at the campsite and we need to eat.

- an intermediate white water rafting trip that is adventurous enough for my inexperienced son, and won't kill us! So many rafting options, that I need some help identifying the right trip and company. Thinking class II-III, or maybe the occasional gentle class IV, but I really do not want any of us flying out of the raft...been there, done that, almost died, and now I have a healthy fear.

- A location that has activities, other than rafting, such as fly-fishing (would love to hire a guide to teach us and be able to eat our catch), golfing, downhill mountain biking, etc. Willing to drive significant distance from campsite for these activities (like 2 hours max).

Any leads or direction you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire