vendredi 6 mars 2020

Making Maple Candy from Sap

Anyone have some first hand experience making maple candy from their tree sap? I have no problem getting to the syrup stage, but have yet to try going further in the process to make candy.

I've read a few different 'how to' guides, but they all tend to give slightly different directions so I'm wondering if anyone who has actually done it before could offer a few tips or suggestions on what worked best for them.

What temperature do you heat the syrup to? I've seen 225°F or all the way up to 246°F. Also, how long do you let it cool after boiling it to the correct temperature before starting to stir the mixture? I've read 3-5 minutes one place and 10 another. Does it just depend on the size of the batch? Is there a specific temperature?

Thanks for any input.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire