vendredi 10 septembre 2021

Northern Forest Canoe Trail Section 2 Fishing Trip 8/14 - 8/21

I picked up Section 2 right where I left off, on Long Lake and set out to tackle the next 42 mile stretch of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. This section took me through Long Lake, the Raquette River, Stoney Creek Ponds, the Saranac Lakes, Oseetah Lake and then finally taking out at Lake Flower. I was pleasantly surprised to find the fishing along this section just as good (maybe even better) than it was along Section 1 in early June. The top-water Bass action was absolutely phenomenal on almost every waterbody with massive blowups and fish ready to put up a fight. The true highlight of the trip had to be hooking into a monster of a Northern Pike on Lower Saranac Lake. All of the lean-tos and campsites that I encountered were in good condition and had it not been for the obscene amount of rain, I would almost call it a perfect trip. I pulled some still images from a video I made of the trip. Anyone interested in checking out the full video can find it at the YouTube link below or check out the Imgur Gallery.

https://youtu.be/htWQ1TSnGAE

https://imgur.com/gallery/EQKhtdS


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire