samedi 16 mai 2020

Alps Mountaineering Tents Feedback

Good morning,

I have been looking for more of a 4 season tent for solo canoe trips later in the year. Purchased the Eureka Alpenlite. Set up in my living room as we speak. I take up a lot of space and this tent is a bit tight - I knew it was not a true 2 person, but that was ok. A little extra weight as well, but this is all canoe - no backpacking. Vestibules are a bit tight.

Then I saw the Alps Mountaineering Highland in a gear review where the testers gave it some very good marks - it won't compare to true 4 season tents - but they felt it worked well for many applications. Some nice features but a bit heavy. Other reviews were surprising in the positive way. So I bought that one too and now they are both set up in my living room.

The Alps tent was only $200. I thought it might be worth buying as a loaner, back-up, or just to keep the miles off my more expensive tents when conditions don't warrant the higher end. The model I purchased is the Highland, but info from any Alps model would be appreciated.

I searched the threads and there are some older references to the Alps, but was wondering if there was any more current intel on the Alps products.

Feedback on the Alpenlite is also welcome.

Please hurry - if I don't get these tents out of the living room pretty quick my wife is threatening to take them down for me - and she ROLLS tents.

Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire