lundi 11 mai 2020

Switching things up

Hey guys, im getting ready for a later start to the pond fishing season this year and I'm planning on switching this year to fly rods only from the wabbler and worm/fly set up. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just find fly fishing more rewarding. I started out using spinning tackle because of its simplicity and wanted something easy while I got good at camping and locating ponds.

I have been thinking alot about the fly tackle I want to bring along, at first I thought about a rod and fly line for every situation but that seems like to much stuff to bring so I narrowed it down to two rods and three fly lines...

A 5wt rod with floating fly line and another reel with 5wt full sinking line. A 7 wt rod with intermediate line for tossing bigger streamers to structure.

Just wondering if that's close to what you fly guys would normally bring on a trip or is that overkill? I'm probably going to want to try a float tube eventually to, right now I use a hornbeck canoe and I can image it's going to be a problem in any wind


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire