lundi 30 janvier 2017

Can an old arthritic guy train JKD

I trained JKD briefly many years ago but had to stop due to injury and the teacher moving out of the area.

I have an opportunity to go back and train it again, in the same line (Jerry Poteet), under a different teacher, but being over a half century old, with arthritic knees and hip, and two retina reattachment surgeries (same eye) behind me, I am not sure it is possible. Heck, kicking above my knee is rough at times these days.

I truly like JKD when I trained it and I cannot believe how much I learned about the other arts I trained (especially Xingyiquan) in my brief exposure to it.

I am truly tempted, but I am not sure an old beat up martial artist like myself could actually handle it these days.

I also realize it is something to run past my doctor too. But I am wondering what the opinion of other martial artists is on the, especially the JKD people.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire