samedi 28 janvier 2017

Upcoming absence from training

The nature of my career (I'm in the Royal Canadian Navy), has always made it difficult for me to commit to any sort of training. I've been fortunate enough to spend my last few years posted to a shore facility, and now have three years of steady training under my belt.

I have now been posted to a ship, and I'm going to sea for five straight months. I want to keep up training as best as I can, but I'm not skilled enough to progress on my own. My plan is to practice some basic combinations and drills while I focus on cardio and strength training. I'm also going to try, if possible, to train at schools in foreign ports. Kind of like my own personal
"Fight Quest". Perhaps I will find someone to spar with onboard ship as well.

I'm kind of bummed-out about having to miss 5 months of training. I don't want to lose all my progress while I'm away. I'm going to try to make the best out of a bad situation and do what I can.

Has anyone here ever dealt with this? How did you deal with a long absence from training?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire