lundi 30 janvier 2017

Conditions at Pharaoh Lake

I'm heading up the Pharaoh Lake this Friday for a two nighter and I was curious what conditions were up there. I've tried to get in touch with the rangers, but haven't been able to reach anyone (even after leaving 3 voicemails). The people at Ray Brook HQ said there was about 4" of snow on the ground where they were - does anyone know if I should expect the same for Pharaoh Lake? Also, does anyone have info on ice conditions? I understand that this winter has been pretty mild.

We're planning on parking at the Pharaoh Rd. Trail head, camping on the north end of the lake on Friday, then hiking Pharaoh Mt on Saturday, and back to the car on Sunday. We're bringing skis, snow shoes, and micro-spikes, so I think we have our bases covered, but I'd appreciate any info on the conditions or recommendations on how best to travel. Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire