samedi 18 février 2017

Bragging rights

So, um, tooting my own horn, yes, but ... This week was my first week in the competitors' class as my boxing gym. You can't just sign up for that class. You have to test to get in. It's a crazy fitness test, because the intensity level is -- wow. It's a high-intensity class because it's for the people who actually compete.

The thing is, I'm pretty much old enough to be the father of everyone else in the class. They're all teenagers or in their 20's. I'm 45-1/2 and staying with them -- because I don't complain and I don't quit. I shut my mouth and I keep going until the coach says, "Get some water!"

I'm not the fastest and I'm not the strongest, not by a long shot, but I freakin' don't quit, and *that* has paid off. :D :D :D

I'm thinking about fighting this autumn ... for bragging rights. :D


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire