mardi 4 septembre 2018

Campfires in Western High Peaks

I hear that campfires are not permitted in the Eastern High Peaks Wilderness - understandably because of high usage and limited fuel.

I thought I heard somewhere that, in certain places in the Western High Peaks Wilderness, specifically along the Long Lake shore, campfires are also not permitted. I glanced at the High Peaks UMP and did not see anything about this. I was thinking of camping here later this month, and I often cook over a campfire and would like to know if this is an option.

More Questions: According to maps I've seen, all of the state land on the east shore of Long Lake that is north of the village of Long Lake is part of the High Peaks Wilderness. At the far north end of the lake, there is a much smaller block of Wild Forest on the west shore of Long Lake. Does anybody know under which Wild Forest region this is administered? And would the same campfire rules apply here as they do on the east shore?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire