mardi 4 septembre 2018

spiders

I'm noticing every year, around August and September, the trails get covered in spider webs. It seems every ten feet there is a spider web strung across any unbroken trail. I get webs and spiders all over me. I think they might be orb weavers. So there is a black fly season, deer fly season, and now what appears to be a spider season. I wonder if it has something to do with most bird species ending their breeding season. They are not feeding off the spiders and using the webs for nests. I also noticed the deerflies have disappeared this week. I wonder if that has to do with all the webs everywhere. I'm observing this in the southern-western Adirondacks. I see it at work too. There is always a blossoming of a specific type of spider in late summer around the windows.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire