dimanche 23 septembre 2018

Quick Advice Needed for Hornbeck Canoe

Hello Everyone -

Kicked off my first fishing since early June with a trip to Rangeley, Maine. Got here mid-afternoon. Took the Hornbeck into a pond....first time I've used it at all. Took my fly gear but opted to paddle around the pond for an hour or so to get to know the boat. I have some issues and questions.......

1. Carrying it works great without a day pack....not so good with my Osprey Kestrel daypack. Looks like the top of the pack cocks the bow down. Can't really see what's going on but think the top of the pack is hitting the backrest. Not good when going up a trail. Got to figure this one out.

2. Boat seems "tippy". It does seem to roll a bit....more than I expected it to. Don't really have anything to compare it to since its my first. How easy/hard is it to roll it over (with you in it)? Curiously, it seems most stable when its gliding through the water......

3. I don't and have never had back issues.....the foam back rest is going to give me back issues! What's the fix?

4. I should have bought taller wading boots to get in/out of the boat. I'm going to have wet feet all week.....

I'm up here until/through Friday depending on weather.....several ponds I want to hit.

Mark


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire