jeudi 17 octobre 2019

Lake Lila-Uber busy?

Got a call last night from my former hiking partner. He has had some surgeries over the past few years and not able to go.

Well he got a bug in his butt and all of a sudden wants to go this weekend. He is in good health and should be fine but he hasn't slapped a pack on in awhile so I want to keep the mileage relatively low.

Our MO typically revolved around a hike into a lake, set up base camp and have a nice side trip, (to another body of water to fish, a nearby mountain, etc).

Of course it is always up to me to plan route, menu, shop ...(did I say he was a friend???).

So I was thinking the 3 mile hike into the Lake Lila Lean to might make a nice trip//Frederica Mountain etc. I have a tent, he has a hammock so we can use a primitive site but I think he'd be comfortable during the late afternoon/evening at a lean to.

I know it is wildly popular during the more temperate season, think it will be mobbed this weekend? Supposed to be a nice weekend. Heck I might even carry the Hornbeck...



Any other ideas?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire