dimanche 29 mars 2015

Is your practice a good work out?

Hey guys, just thought id put up a lighthearted post. My google exploring lead me to this post. http://ift.tt/1yqOQTQ



160lb person burning 730 calories per 60min class? Whats even weirder is that their are a number of well used calorie calculators that have Taekwondo as a select-able activity. Using that calculator with my weight and the 90 minute class time of the local KKW affiliate spit out a calorie expenditure of more then 1800 calories... LOL ya right I bet thats accurate!



For some reason the 730 calories per hour for a 160lb person sounds high. Now im not sure if it is high or not, but my own trial class was certainly a huge work out for me. I mean i was sore for a week after that class and breathing heavy in the first 15 minutes.



I can attest that certain points are very challenging. The kicking drills and sparring alone were hugely taxing. I remember the self defense to be the easiest part of class, expenditure wise.





So guys, how taxing is your Taekwondo practice? Have any of you tracked it with a heart rate monitor? I would love to strap on the full Athos gear and get its read out but thats seriously expensive.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire