dimanche 22 mars 2015

Okinawan

So I've spent a considerable amount of time doing extensive google research on fun ways to punch/kick things and not be fat, and have found myself very interested in Okinawan karate, specifically the Goju-ryu or Shorin-ryu styles. I liked that they were close range, incorporated body hardening, seemed to be more complete systems (incorporating punches/kicks, blocking, locks, grappling, takedowns, throws, breath control, etc).



I suppose my big problem is that I don't really trust yelp and its other internet equivalents; I find it hard to believe that an instructor trying to grow his/her business wouldn't urge his students to go onto yelp and input extraordinary reviews (despite the fact that the teaching could be less than great)



So basically, I am shamelessly begging for any recommendations for a good goju-ryu or shorin ryu school in the Chicago land area.



I am from the northern suburbs and am not opposed to driving into the city if it means obtaining quality instruction.



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire