mercredi 25 mars 2015

SOF canoe

Since I had so much fun carving a couple of single blade paddles last year I thought I'd take it up a notch and try a skin on frame canoe. I've been looking at the Geodesic Snowshoe 14 or better yet the Arrow 14. I think the Arrow would be more like my Rapidfire which I really like. I've looked through the info here on SOF and it's helpful but I've a question with respect to which wood to pick for the ribs. Green ash or oak are recommended by Platt Monfort. I can get white ash or red oak that hasn't been kiln dried. Question is which would be better? Or is white ash a bad idea? Should it be air dried for a while or the greener the better? Dimensions for the rib stock would be great too. I've got Skin-on-Frame Double Paddle Canoes by Hilary Russel on order. I'm sure I'll have more questions if and when I get this started and I can start a Fireside thread.

Thanks,

Scott




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire