jeudi 26 mars 2015

Returning after a long break

Hey everyone,



I joined the forum in 2011 but left after a while as I had moved schools and no longer practised eskrima, but a couple of months ago I started learning muay thai and bjj in an MMA context, and then last week took up eskrima again, so I figured it might be an idea to come back to MAP.



I'm 17 now, I was training twice a week at first (Mondays striking, Wednesdays grappling), but now I train muay thai on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well, and eskrima for six hours at the weekend. It is Guba Doce Pares and I hope to 're-grade' as it were in April and hopefully complete my red belt grading. The reason I left the first time around was because I learnt it an an after-school club and when I moved schools it was no longer available to me and I couldn't attend weekend classes for logistical reasons. I'm enjoying it very much now that I've started again though. :D



I do have an ambition to compete at amateur level eventually but I'll just have to wait and see how things go as at the moment I'm nowhere near ready. I also spend a lot of time on fitness outside of training sessions, doing weight-lifting, running, and circuit-training, which I feel has certainly helped me adapt to the intensity of training.



Thanks for reading,

Anwolf :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire