vendredi 6 janvier 2017

Demonstration Vs. Application

Anyone seen how popular this Fred Maestro character has become since Funker Tacticool started pimping him?

We've had one of his videos on MAP before, though I can't remember which thread.

Anyway, I came across a fight of his on YouTube, and thought it gave a very good insight into how easy it is to look cool in a demo, and how easily that can fall apart when someone genuinely wants to destroy you.

I think that no matter how hard someone tries to be an honest uke, there is still a psychological expectation that changes the dynamic when compared to "even-stevens" sparring or fighting.

Here is one of Fred Maestro's show reels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9xof8heYA

And here is his fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWqD-H0_LU

What is expected, but still funny, is the comments saying "yeah, but he isn't allowed to use Silat in the ring, if he was he'd have broken the guy's arm in the first second".

I realise this is not any kind of revelation, but I just thought it was a nice illustration of demo vs. reality, plus I'm getting sick of him spamming up my youtube feed.

This is not meant to denigrate his performance in the ring, but rather to shine a light on the honesty of his demos and marketing schtick.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire