mercredi 4 janvier 2017

Winter camping on Moncalm Pt., Tongue Mountain Range

Hi all
I am considering a solo winter backpack for next weekend in the Tongue Mountain Range (January 14-16). I was wondering if anyone had experience camping at Montcalm Point, down the mountain on Lake George. I was hoping to spend at least one night out of what I am guessing are some pretty cold winds on top of the range.

Do you think it's any more or less cold if I were to camp down there? What about Lake George itself? Does it freeze this time of year? Not that I would be out there playing hockey or anything, but just curious if my dog saw the ice and ran out there that she wouldn't take a plunge.

Any info on good winter camping spots along the Tongue Range would be great. I know about the lean-to's but I prefer the cozy tent.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire