mardi 14 mars 2017

Fly Fishing Ponds For Brookies

I know these types of questions have been asked here because I've spent some time searching this site, but, I'm going to raise the subject again! Forgive me.

I just want to make sure I'm on the right path. I'm pretty new to fly fishing. I have done some (very little) dry fly fishing on small rivers with limited success. I'm also fairly new to pond fishing, but I've been absolutely loving carrying my boat back to a beautiful pond and trolling around with a spinning rod/worm/wabbler. I have had some success with this setup, but, I want to try fly fishing now. I'm hoping to troll for now without it being too complicated. Here are my questions:

1) First step, is to buy a rod and reel. From what I've gathered, I'm thinking I'll probably go with either 8'6"ft/6wt or 9ft/6wt?
2) Type of line? Seems like clear intermediate would be a good place to start?
3) What's it like trolling with a fly rod and sinking line? Much different than with spinning rod/worm/wabbler? Just a matter of sinking speed?
4) Any suggestions on somewhere to go and buy a setup? I'd prefer to talk with someone in person and hopefully establish some relationship so I can bug them in the future. :) Especially since I'll be teaching myself really. I'm in the Glens Falls area.

Thanks all for any help you can provide.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire