mardi 27 juin 2017

Sawteeth/Gothics considerations

Hi all,

Original plan was to do Lower Wolfjaw / Upper Wolfjaw as one hike and Sawteeth / Gothics / Armstrong as another.

As I research Sawteeth it seems like the Scenic Trail is mandatory. Even Marble Point would be a shame to miss since odds are we won't ever be that close again. I'm not a fan of the Lake Road so I'd like to come in on the West River Trail and head back on the East River Trail (popping over to the road if we're not back by sunset).

All of the above leads me to believe that adding Gothics and Armstrong might be pushing it.

Additionally, Gothics research has convinced me that the Cable Route is something we really should experience. Before Gothics it seems that a side trip to Pyramid is a "do not miss". After that a return to The Garden over Gothics/Armstrong /UWJ seems logical. I've read that Armstrong to UWJ is a challenge so the whole day sounds like a tough hike.

So I'm wondering about bail outs. We can leave out Pyramid if we're not up to it. And I'm thinking a return from Gothics via the Cable Route must be easier than going over Armstrong and UWJ?

If we do plan on Gothics/Armstrong/UWJ then there's no reason to tag UWJ when we do our upcoming hike up LWJ via Bennies Brook.

So here's what I'm thinking:
  • LWJ via Bennies Brook
  • Sawteeth via Scenic Trail with side trip to Marble Point
  • Gothics/Armstrong/UWJ via Cable Route with side trip to Pyramid

Have I thought this through correctly? Any advice?

Thanks for reading,
AP


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire