lundi 26 juin 2017

From the Vise

I've been tying flies for bass lately and thought I'd post a few pics here. Maybe others will do the same. I wanted to tie a pattern for Hellgramites or Dobson Fly nymphs and searched You Tube some and incorporated ideas from a few different videos into my own creation. I haven't fished it yet but I'm excited about it as I think it looks great--can't wait to see if the fish think so as well. It is heavily weighted with lead dumbell eyes as well as weight on the shank of the hook. I'm uncertain which way it will ride in the water though due to the bend in the hook I'm using (Daiichi 1870) for the short version. I hope to get out soon to see before tying any more. It has a woven body with black micro polar chenille in UV black as ribbing. Black legs would be better I think but didn't have any so will have to get some. Let me know what you think and post some of your creations for bass. This one ought to work for trout as well.

[IMG][/IMG]


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire