jeudi 10 août 2017

Boreas Ponds daytrip

MDB and I decided we needed to get out, so we loaded up the car and drove a little north...Wouldn't you know, we ended up on Gulf Brook Rd.
After a slow 3.2 miles (per her odometer) we arrived at the deserted parking lot.




I threw the boats on my wheels and off we went.




MDB was kind enough to help me up some of the hills.



In just about an hour, we reached LaBiere Flow. I briefly considered paddling up the flow, but not knowing how much walking would be saved, I decided to just stick to the roadway. As it turns out, paddling up the flow might be a better route, but the time it takes to rig both boats kind of negates and time saved walking. But those first views were nice.





In just an hour and twenty minutes, we were at the Boreas Ponds dam.
It didn't take but a few minutes to toss the boats in the water and stash the wheels.



And we were off!! It didn't take very long before the views opened up in a dramatic fashion.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire