samedi 28 juillet 2018

Hitting the trail in a couple days

Hi, everyone. I'm Tom from Delaware and I'm a new member here. I tried posting on the NPT Facebook page, but FB has put my account in limbo until they verify my identity. I joined FB specifically to ask questions on the NPT page and apparently that's suspicious. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my fiancee and I are hitting the NPT in just a couple days and I'm hoping for some words of wisdom from folks who know the trail. Our goal each day is to end up at a scenic tent-site (we won't be using the lean-tos) with swimming opportunities a plus. I have heard some sites are much better than others and I want to avoid hiking past one the morning after and wishing we had stayed there.

Any intel on current trail conditions (mud, bugs, high water) would also be greatly appreciated. Our planned itinerary is as follows - if my miles are way off, please let me know. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!

Godfrey Rd. to Canary Pond: 9.5 miles
Canary Pond to Piseco (Irondequoit campground): 15.1 miles
Piseco to Spruce Lake (best tent site?): 11.2 miles
Spruce Lake to Cedar Lake (best tent site?): 11.9 miles
Cedar Lake to Wakely Dam and out: 10.4 miles

THANKS!

Tom


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire