dimanche 29 juillet 2018

Mountain Turkey's

Over the past 3-5 years I've been seeing more turkeys up around Lewey/Indian Lake and Jessup River area. I'm sure they have been migrating up along the route 30 corridor. I've even seen them up along the Perkins Clearing road which, to me, was just odd looking as the bird was walking/feeding in a bog/swampy area. I've always associated the turkey's habitat as being a hedge row, farm field, and highway/road shoulder area. So it was even odder to have come across this photo today from one of my trail cameras (which has been out since 11/17). Mind you this camera is on top of a small mountain on the eastern side of Indian Lake over 1.5 miles from route 30 "as the crow flies" across the lake body of water. Technically its in the Siamese Pond Wilderness Area if that makes any difference. I'm not complaining and I'm sure I can get use to seeing more of them in this area I frequent I just would not have suspected it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire