vendredi 13 juillet 2018

Kibby Pond

Hello All,

On this lovely summer day, I decided to take the dogs and head to Kibby Pond. It's another hike I have wanted to do for years. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. The trail head is only about 40 min from me.

The access to the trail head parking is a little hard to see from the road. We had the place to ourselves. (Photo 1) The creek at the beginning of the hike was an easy rock hop. (Photo 2) I heard so many birds and there were lots of colorful wildflowers in bloom. (Photos 3 & 4) The dogs showed me there was more than one way to navigate a log. (Photo 5) After a bit of huffing and puffing, I reached my destination. Such a peaceful setting. (Photo 6)

I found a nice rock which made for a great lunch spot. (Photo 7) and the dogs enjoyed the opportunity to cool off in the lake. (Photo 8) It's a pretty good life for a dog, I think.:-)

This really was an enjoyable outing. Just enough elevation gain to get the heart and lungs working a bit, but not so long that it takes the whole day. We will return to this place often.

Kath

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kibby 1.jpg (131.6 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 4.jpg (133.3 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 2.jpg (132.6 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 3.jpg (135.5 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 5.jpg (129.1 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 6.jpg (127.4 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 8.jpg (131.7 KB)
File Type: jpg Kibby 7.jpg (128.4 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire