dimanche 17 mars 2019

Another Outcast Trinity hack

I've received a couple of PM's regarding the method I use to deflate my Outcast Trinity float tube. I hope the technique works as well for the members here as it does for me. I did another hack to the tube today and wanted to share.

The newer style float tube has a folding stripping apron and it collapses as soon as you sit into the tube. This always annoyed me. The old style tube had an inflatable apron that prevents it from collapsing. VT suggested I contact Outcast to see if I can purchase one of the old aprons. I did and they told me they had some but it won't fit the newer style float tubes.

So I went to Home Depot and got a 7/16 dowel plus a couple of grippy rubber caps for the ends. I cut the dowel so it fits inside the apron snug on the side without the plastic supports. It works perfectly and doesn't add any real weight. I'm going to add some magnetic tape to the dowel so I have a place to dry my flies as well.

I was told some members use an old venetian blind slat to do the same thing. I'm sure this works well too. Enjoy!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire