lundi 9 mars 2015

Cheap Kayaks - how poor ?

I enjoy paddling, do so infrequently, and I am always pleased to rent. I get what I want for the particular trip.



I have been thinking about getting one of the inexpensive kayaks from Dick's. I have particular uses in mind, but I have not heard good things about them. How bad are they?



My desire to own stems from a photography goal I have. I live out of the park, but would like to make a sunrise photograph from spot accessible only by boat. My goal would be to drive up to the spot the night before, after rental places have closed, and paddle out and back before rental places have opened.



I'd still use the rental places for my real paddling trips. I really want the kayak for limited paddling, camera gear hauling, and convenience.



I expect I may have interest to use it for some paddling. As a family we go to Ocean City, NJ yearly for the beach mostly. I once rented a kayak for a morning paddle at sunrise on the back bay before anyone woke. I had to pick up the kayak the night before because on was on the water long before they opened. I haven't done this again because of the $50 for 2 hours paddling. I try to get back before everyone wakes. If I had a boat, I may go for it again.



Also, my trips to the Adirondacks are mostly for hiking. A long hike the first day, and a shorter hike the second day when I also return home. With a boat in or on my car, I may look to make the second day excursion a short paddle instead.



So with limited goals, I am hesitant to spend a lot. However.....



Thanks,

Mark




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire