vendredi 6 mars 2015

Entitlement Among Youth

Is it me or is their a since of entitlement among today's younger Martial Artists coming up through the ranks? When I started back in 1989, we were taught you had to work your way up the ranks in order to become a Black Belt or an Instructor which took years. I've noticed today's youth, the newer Martial Artists coming up walk in with an expectation that we owe them the rank of Black Belt, or that they should be a Black Belt or Instructor within a very short period of time. Or worst, they spend a couple years as a student then they go out, open their own school and start training others with only a couple years of training under their belts. I know of a Karate Instructor who only had 2 years of Karate training under her belt, then got promoted to 1st black belt and went out and opened her own school and started teaching without furthering her own training. I had 14 years of training before I was even allowed to assist in teaching classes. Has entitlement in Martial Arts among the newer and younger Martial Artists become worst?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire