mercredi 11 mars 2015

Is there a knack to doing lunges?

Lunges, on the face of it they look simple: Step forward with one leg, bend that knee and the one on the opposite leg lower body towards the ground and up again, swap legs and repeat on opposite side. I've been trying them for a few months and they are not feeling any easier to do - in fact just the reverse - I fancy they are getting harder. I can't get low to the ground, I think I feel wobbly, and they feel unexpectedly awkward. It also seems the more I fight them the harder they get.



I just wondered if it was a common problem or if its just me still a beginner. Maybe there are some tips for doing them successfully or perhaps someone can suggest which bits of me are maybe not mobile enough to do them easily and I can perhaps do something to free those bits up.



I've got issues with press-ups too - but that is down to pure lack of arm strength which should arrive in due course, but there seems some more fundamental reason why these lunges seem awkward. Any thoughts would be appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire