jeudi 12 mars 2015

Kihon no izen - Book

I just finished reading a rather charming book called Kihon no Izen by Stephane Meunier(Canada), this is 2nd edition I believe with the 1st edition being called Kiso no Kaisen.



It has some great photo's in it, a lot I have seen before, many I have not, a few of Takamatsu Sensei as well.



I really enjoyed the book, it shares his story of Martial Arts. I could really relate to it.



-The ignorant bliss most of us live in when it comes to our abilities and our teachers abilities,knowledge and where it came from.

-The awakening of doubt and not knowing why you feel it.

-A chance meeting that changes your outlook on Martial Arts.

-The hope for the future

-The importance of practice!!!!

-The burden and responsibility of being apart of a tradition Spanning 34 generations.

-Brief explanations of how transmission works etc.



There are a couple of poems in it by Hatsumi Soke, and nearly all of the photo's were supplied by Soke as well.



Whether you are a beginner or someone who has been practicing for a few years, I think you would enjoy the book. It will remind you to make sure you have your priorities in place correctly when it comes to practice. If you are a self proclaimed Shihan Mega dan expert... I would recommend staying clear, your pride could not take the nut shot it serves up.



Cheers Graham.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire