mardi 3 mars 2015

Teaching my daughter.

Im trying to teach my 6 year old daughter basic boxing..



Does anyone know a good way to teach them the stance? Im trying to teach her the basic mma boxing stance(not the pure bladed boxing stance) and it should be drop dead simple. Yet she ends up way to narrow and stiff legged or other times she looks like she is getting ready to drop into a horse stance...



She has for the most part figured out the guard. Also i started her with the basic blocks and she is starting to get them. I call them by funny names, like hand on your ear block and touch your forhead block, or double arm block and so on and so forth. Then i put on the gloves and lightly tapped her with my hand to show her what she was covering.



Now i can randonly through out the day throw a slow playful tap at her from various angles and she can do the proper cover about 50% of the time.



However she just looks way horrid and off. I have no idea how some thing so simple as standing can be so hard to teach. I even had her stand next to me and mimic what i was doing and it still didnt work..



I could really use some advice because i cant really get anywhere with her till i get her stance figured out.



Thinking about putting tape on the floor and having her stand on it..




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire