dimanche 1 janvier 2017

Unable to Kiai - Is this a roadblock?

Hi,

So in a nutshell, I'm unable to kiai. Although I don't like the term, it's essentially a minor disability in my vocal chords. Above a loud conversational tone, my voice increases in pitch tremendously, so that anything approaching the volume or intensity of what most would consider an acceptable kiai comes out as a screech, similar to stepping on a cat's tail.

Yes, I've tried to fix it. Yes, other people have tried to help. Yes, I've spent many, many hours in my basement trying to get it.

I'm at the point where I need to accept that this is the body I was born with, and I can't kiai.

The problem is that I've recently changed dojos due to my old one closing. While my old Sensei was fine with me just saying the word "kiai", the new dojo has informed me I will not be able to advance further without being able to do it.

I also kind of wanted to take Kendo, but heard that requires a ton of kiai's.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire