samedi 22 avril 2017

Oxshoe with nephew & the Snake Eater

Went out to Oxshoe on the 14th for night. Absolutely GORGEOUS day. We drove up from Loudonville and got to the lean-to about 11:00. We cut a few standing dead trees before we had an easy meal of freeze-dried lasagna. By the way, the Silky Big Boy saws are absolutely amazing. A bit pricey at $90 or so, but cut through those softwoods like a hot knife through butter. Below is a pic of the folding two-handed one I use. After that, I set up my hammock and fell asleep with just some shorts and socks on. . . actually got a nice sunburn! While we were prepping dinner (homemade kielbasa and baked beans), my pup Orion managed to dig 2ft at the base of a tree and found a tasty garter snake. It got pretty cold at night - not temp reading but had to be low 30s or high 20s. A lot of critter movements at night. . . had the dog growling quite a bit which is unusual for him. I ended up breaking my saw blade, but I originally planned on leaving a bunch of dry wood for the next campers.











Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire