lundi 5 juin 2017

Geoff Ho - applying martial arts in the face of terror

You may have seen the articles about Geoff Ho, martial arts expert/journalist:
http://ift.tt/2s8q3LG

Not much information on him - the amount of times I've seen written and trained not to engage a knife attacker, let alone 2!
I can confidently say I would not have done this myself, partly because my training against bladed attacks has been fairly minimal in my 20+ years of Martial arts training.
As most of us know, when fuelled with adrenaline our judgement of our actions are different to what we say when our head is clear of biological chemicals.

I read plenty of times on here from the more experienced weapon trainers how the odds weight heavily against in this scenario - Do you feel you would be inclined to engage in such a scenario?

I certainly wish him the best in his recovery and I believe the motivation for his actions can be praised as a hero putting his life at risk to help others.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire