samedi 3 juin 2017

Pain above ankle from dorsiflexion - weak calves? Any views?

Hi all

I regularly get a sharp pain (followed by a few days of hobbling) from lunging back with my heel low - essentially, whenever my knee moves over my foot too quickly. Although I feel it in front of my ankle, the pain seems to be at the very base of (deep breath) the extensor digitorium longus, along the shin. See here -

http://ift.tt/2rCUQ2x

My 'martial art', although I'm sure it wouldn't qualify as one here, is capoeira. See the back foot of the main stance below -

http://ift.tt/2rCNLPx

Squatting (lots of this in capoeira) is also an issue, for the same reasons.

I'm starting to understand the role weak calves play in this, and other issues. A tight muscle can often be a weak muscle, etc. What I can't understand is why the pain would be felt in the front - this area is compressing, so why the stabbing pain?

Can anyone offer thoughts or advice? Many thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire