jeudi 19 mars 2015

First Loss

I knew I had to make this thread eventually.



So I lost for the first time in an MMA match.



Lost my contact lens in the first ten seconds and was fighting half blind. Should have called an eye poke but I continued on. We clinched, I was landing punches, I go for a throw, he reverses, gets side control, I get guard right back. Pretty much straight away I could tell I was the better grappler. I had his arm in a kimura, but for some reason I didn't feel strong enough to catch it, so I go for a back sweep, get it, land in mount. land some good Gn'P, take his back, fail to get choke, back to mount, back to his back, don't lock the choke up, switch to an arm bar, he defends, ten second warning goes I extend the arm and...... Bell rings. He was saved.





Second round, he comes out with pure energy that I wasn't prepared for, he body locks me, jumps up on my back and long story short he gets the choke.





I learned a lot from my experience, mostly that I don't want it to happen ever again. I feel I need to dedicate more time to lifting weights and getting more pad work in, because I'm working 40 hours a week it's pretty crap. I can't wait to get back to John Lewis and start lifting weights. After the next two fights I plan on gaining A LOT of muscle, as I'm sick of being so skinny. Move up a weight class probably, maybe two if I push it. Fish says a kilo a month would be ideal, I'd have about 6 months off at least, so yeah.....





Anyway, lessons have been learned, I'll post the video sometime in the future.







TL;DR: Lost because of the curse of Fish.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire