lundi 9 mars 2015

Not using strength

So last time I was rolling I decided to go not use very much strength. I was going maybe around 20-25% intensity.



There are two reasons why I did this, first to stop myself getting exhausted, and secondly I was thinking it could improve my technique.



At one point I was in guard and went for a kimura. My opponent tensed his arm and I couldn't get the sub. Rather than muscle my way through it (which probably wouldn't have worked as my arms are quite weak) I let go and transitioned to another technique.



Does anyone think this way is good or bad for improving technique? I imagine if a technique relies on muscling, then it wouldn't work on someone stronger than you, and this could be disastrous. Are there advantages to training high intensity?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire