vendredi 6 mars 2015

question on Sanshou

ok, so a club near me started Baoding Shuai Jiao this week and I found it tonnes of fun. I'm enjoying it, and finding most of it is familiar at the basic level (it was very similar to the throws of my old training in the Bujinkan actually,but thats not all that relevant). Anyway, I'm enjoying it and I think it compliments what I've been doing for a while.



Now I checked out the club's other activities and it mentions Sanshou/kickboxing. Truth be told I'm thinking of doing some kickboxing type training for a number of reasons.



Most of my training so far has not had sparring in a competative sense (Bujinkan is infamous for this), and I'm looking to pressure test myself, I've got very little live training compared to other styles, and since I also train as a closed door/private student in Bagua, Tsumen and Lama, I don't get much in the way of significant exersion. I'm also not so great in the physical conditioning/stamina part, and want to build on that.



Now's my question.



I've heard that while Sanshou is very similar kickboxing from a technique point, it's strategies are different to normal kickboxing. If there's anything i should know that's different between them, can someone tell me? I hear kickboxing has more of a striking basis and Sanshou employs that plus throws and takedowns.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire