vendredi 6 mars 2015

Fishing Adirondack Ponds

I have a friend that attended a TU meeting in Saratoga this week. Their guest speaker was Brian O'Donnell who gave a presentation on fishing Adirondack Ponds. My friend sent me a summary of his presentation. Some of the more noteworthy info:



--58% of Brook Trout diet in ponds consists of Chironomids & Scuds

--Full sinking line recommended

--Floating line ok for fishing chironomids in shallow waters

--Fish steep sloping banks versus flats or gradually sloping banks. This focuses the forage in a narrower band and hence the fish as well.



I notice, judging from pictures that some of the more ardent brookie fishermen on this site seem to prefer streamers. I thought it might be interesting to weigh in on what you fish and how you fish it and how you approach a pond you haven't fished before.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire