lundi 2 mars 2015

setting up Judo in bjj tournament

We introduced a Judo class to our academy almost a year or so ago and I'm a super fan of it. I feel like Judo and BJJ being separate art forms is almost a disservice. Regardless, I'm trying to implement more Judo standup into my BJJ game. I never got the chance to wrestle so I figure the Judo being something I get the chance to practice a lot more would be the better format to base more of my standup game on.



I, like many judoka in Jiujitsu tournaments am mostly afraid of being shot in on during my setups. my single leg has always been my go to takedown and I plan to definitively still use it, and have been working a duck under single setup for tani-otoshi. My other consistent moves are sumigaeshi,and uki-waza however thats about it right now. ( working a harai-goshi,



My basic question is A.) how can I stand and do my judo setups in the gi without giving up my lower body to wrestler shots.



B.) What are some good ways to set those aforementioned techniques up in a BJJ environment.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire