lundi 30 octobre 2017

1000 pointer

Another weekend in the books of big woods hunting, this year I did not have the success that I did last year, but none the less I got out there and hunted. Now let me tell you a story of the thousand point land beaver. So there I was day 2 was planning on hiking a mountain so on the way to my destination I was in the thick of it, and I had a itch in my right finger that told me that I was gonna bag something, I didn’t know yet but I was gonna be using that right index finger for more than just picking my nose, so there I was on the trail, I was sneaking along making sure to stop and scan every minute or so, when all of a sudden that itch in My right finger got pretty strong, now hunter safty 101 is you Keep your bugger hook off the bang switch until you’re to bring the hate, so there I scannin when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I caught movement and there he was, all fanned right out, strutting his stuff, coming straight at me, movin at a pace that let me know that he meant business, so I did was anyone else would do in a survival situation, I defended myself, I leveled off on him, now at 10 yards there’s a lot of factoring that needs to be done, windage elevation barometric pressure hell even the coriolis effect plays a role so after all the figuring I squeezed one off on him and it was a perfect shot, killed him dead. Now the fun part, for anyone who hasn’t harvested a quill pig you need to be very careful these buggers can bring the pain, dragging him out was out of the question so I knew I needed to quarter him up and haul him out in my pack I knew that I must have been close to the state record, but there was no way I was going to be able to get that confirmed, so I settled for a couple pictures, now when reporting this kill the state wants an accurate quill count, well counting quills takes quite the amount of time, but I do anything to stay legal, let me tell you he was a beaut and he came in at 33,568 quills for sure a record this shattered my previous record by quite a bit, took me the whole rest of the weekend to bring him out, but it was all worth it, some of the best meat in the woods

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9E1377B1-5098-44A7-A296-92FE703D1523.jpeg (145.9 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire