mardi 17 octobre 2017

Bennies Brook herd path

Climbed Bennies on Saturday. WOW. :)

Came across a cairn and a herd path below the headwall. From pictures I'd seen of the headwall it seemed that this exit from the slide was too early. But there was a cairn and a path so we took the exit.

While there was a clear path we were walking on vegetation. Further up we were joined by a bare earth path coming in from the slide that was clearly the "main" herd path.

In retrospect I think I should have descended, removed the cairn, and brushed in the "incorrect" herd path. I think most people would prefer to climb the slide as long as possible and not form an unnecessary herd path.

Unless people disagree perhaps someone should remove the "incorrect" cairn next time through. I assume the "correct" path is also marked with a cairn.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire