dimanche 22 octobre 2017

Fall turnover

I went to my local lake this weekend with high hopes. The trout season is open year-round and it holds some good sized rainbows. I was marking fish at 25 feet last weekend and spent the week making long leaders for some chironomid fishing.

Arrived early - check
Sun out, wind calm - check
Chironomid shucks on surface - check
Surface temperature 62 degrees - check
Lake at uniform temperature throughout the water column - uh oh
Lake murky, bubbles rising - double whammy

Looks like I hit the Fall turnover. I didn't see any signs of life whatsoever. What puzzled me is that I could no longer mark fish anywhere shallow or deep. Does anyone know where they go after Fall turnover? Do they bury their guts in the mud or hide in the weeds? Just curious. Thanks,


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire