dimanche 15 octobre 2017

Maiden voyage

Finally got the Outcast Trinity tube out for a trip today after sitting in my basement for months, nothing like waiting for the last day of the season. Figured I would post a quick report and review for those interested.

Took it to the holy waters from a couple weeks ago but things were rather different. It was windy to put it mildly. My partner had my hornbeck and we both were pushed across the pond the whole time. I suppose it might not have been the best time to either fish or try a new water craft but I can't choose my fishing times so it is what it is. For the fishing, it was rather dismal. Only managed a couple fish with one medium one:
http://ift.tt/2yrpUFH

As for the Trinity, I wanted to like to more but I'll have to give it more time on the water. I'm sure my friend had a worse time of it trying to control the canoe but I certainly labored mightily to stay in position even with the tube. I'll also admit that I need some better quality fins but it was a struggle. I was prepared for taking the extra time to blow up and deflate the tube so that wasn't a real big concern however most days I'm on a strict time schedule so that extra 45 minutes is valuable. It seemed like I had a much heavier load with the tube, waders, pump, etc than with the hornbeck. I really under dressed even though it was a warm day. I should have had some warm pants under my waders. I can't imagine all the extra clothes needed for ice out plus camping stuff if staying overnight. A heavy pack for sure and one isn't going to wear all those clothes carrying in to mitigate sweating to death. I guess I have to rethink my future plans for this craft. Was hoping for something for overnights but am not sure it's an improvement over the hornbeck.

Anyway. that's it. another season in the books. Landlock season is a couple weeks off.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire