mardi 10 octobre 2017

MacIntyre Late November? Am I crazy?

Hi, I'm a newby from the U.K. I'm coming to Boston with work late November and tacking on a holiday (20th-24th). My girlfriend and I thought about doing the MacIntyre Range (Algonquin, Wright, Iroquois and NOT Marshall) in a day hike but I think we might be just a bit out of season for this to be practical. We don't have any micro-spikes or snowshoes and so if these are required we would have to buy (rent?) some. So I have a few questions and I'm hoping those with some experience of this range (and area) might be able to help:

1. If we invest in traction, is it feasible we could do the MacIntyre in a day in those conditions, e.g. snow underfoot & shorter days
2. How changeable is the weather that time of year? Could we just spend a couple of days waiting and not get to hike at all?
3. Are there trails in the Adirondack area that would definitely not require traction (that are still a decent hike!) and are feasible in most weather conditions? If so, please feel free to make some suggestions as to good day hikes.

Thanks SO much for any advice you can offer.
All the best from Leicester, U.K.
Guy


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire