vendredi 7 août 2020

Back from first trip to ADK!

My wife and I got home this week from a trip in the Whitney Wilderness (followed by a few days with family at Canandaigua Lake). Lots of highlights/events and I plan to post a trip report with a more details. Also have a few topics that I plan to share in separate posts, since I think they would be better in specific discussions.

In summary, my original plan was do a loop, starting in Wanakena, two days on Cranberry Lake, then portage down to Grass Pond/Low's Lake, portage over to Big Deer Pond and the Oswegatchie headwaters, and end at Inlet (where I had left our car). That plan was scrapped once I "pre-hiked" the Chair Rock Creek trail and opted to stay on Cranberry Lake for an extra day, returned back to Wanakena, then paddled up the Oswegatchie a bit before heading back to the car. Then we drove over to Little Tupper Lake and spent two days there. More to come on our thoughts behind these decisions in my trip report and other posts.

This was our first trip to the ADKs, and I did most of my planning with the help of this forum. Can't thank you guys enough. We are kayakers originally from the Midwest, so most of our paddling has been done throughout the Great Lakes, but we had a great time overall and will go back -- I feel like we have barely scratched the surface of what this park has to offer.

A few quick pics:









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire