jeudi 13 août 2020

Round Lake - First Time

Hello, I am new here and did search the forum first but the info I found is not recent.

I will be doing a 2 day, 1 overnight, Kayak trip on Round Lake next week, starting on Thursday. I'm looking for any advice for a successful trip, as this is my first paddle overnight trip.

Any info on specific sites, good and bad is appreciated; I've heard 2 sites have a little beach.

Has anyone been out on Round Lake recently and how busy has it been? I'm hoping I can at least just get a site, going about 8am on a Thursday.

Will it be easy to tell from the lake without getting out of the boat if any given site is occupied?

I plan to leave sometime between lunch and dinner, as the day leads me, on Friday. Is there a simple way to indicate at my site that while my stuff is there - I'd be ok with someone setting up as I don't plan to use it for the night? I'm trying to be respectful of others while also enjoying my own trip.

I think I'm well prepared gear wise but feel free to offer advice. I have a 46L pack that I'll put in a large dry bag and between my legs as I paddle to the site. I do have a sit in but the cockpit is quite large and my pack is no bigger than my niece who I paddle with in my lap. I did plan to rent a bear canister at Hoss's, is this necessary?

I thank you all in advance for any wisdom you are willing to share and I promise to be a good steward of the land and water while I visit, practicing LNT. :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire