jeudi 13 août 2020

Campsites on the Elk Trail (PA Wilds)?

I'm planning a tentative 4 day/3 night backpacking trip for a group for this fall. We'll have 1 person recovering from hip surgery, and one pregnant attendee so we're looking for something fairly easy. The Elk Trail seems to fit the bill- it's gentler grades than most other PA Wilds trails, and we'd only need to average 4+ miles per day.

My main question is: Where are there decent camping options along this trail? There's not much detailed information on this trail online. Any knowledge about established sites (especially sites that can handle 6-10 people), as well as areas of open forest where primitive camping can be easily conducted would be appreciated. We're willing to camp away from water if necessary, and also not opposed to taking a side trail to a campsite if need be (I see there's a network of other trails in the area).

I do also have the guidebook and map set by Ben Cramer, but don't have it with me at the moment, it's in storage with all of my other PA maps and guidebooks. So my apologies if there's good information contained in that book that I'm not able to access until I'm able to dig it out.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire