jeudi 13 août 2020

Parking This Weekend

Hello!

I'm from New York City but I've been hiking the 'dacks since I was a kid, spending summers on lake George. I try to hike in the high peaks at least once a year, but this year I've heard that parking might be near impossible. My buddy and I are planning to drive up Saturday morning and spend three days backpacking in the high peaks region, but won't arrive until noon or later and it would be a real bummer to drive up only to find we literally cannot park anywhere remotely close to a trailhead.

Is there any lot where I can expect to find parking to hike the Great Range/Four Corners etc.? My favorite trailhead is The Garden, but it seems astronomically unlikely that the lot will have a spot midday. Any thoughts on the likelihood of parking at Heart Lake, Rooster Comb, or anywhere else?

Thanks and happy trails!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire